Ready to take your Instagram aesthetic to the next level? Creating your own Instagram Stories Highlights covers is a great way to keep your Instagram profile on brand.
Instagram Stories Highlights are an awesome way to share important information about your brand directly on your Instagram profile.
Since your Instagram Stories Highlights are located directly below your Instagram bio (aka front and centre on your profile!) you’ll want to ensure that they stand out and grab people’s attention. Check out Bellafricana’s here
A great way to do this is by creating cohesive Instagram Stories Highlights covers that align with your brand! Here’s how to do it:
How to Create Instagram Stories Highlights Covers
Want to customize your Instagram Stories Highlights covers to match your own brand colors? No problem! Just follow our step-by-step tutorial using Canva to create your own.
Note: For this tutorial, we’re going to be using the app version of Canva. However, you can also create Instagram Stories Highlights covers on the Canva website (just visit www.canva.com). To create covers in the app, choose the “Your Story” template to ensure you’re using the correct dimensions. Or, follow the steps below.
For the desktop instructions, follow these steps:
1. Open Canva & Choose ‘Create a Design’
2. Scroll Down and Select ‘Your Story”
- Chose see all
- Select “Blank”
3. Download PNG Versions Of Icons That Represent Your Brand
Open your browser and type “Black Bag Icon png” for example. and download image.
4. Choose Your Instagram Stories Highlights Cover Color or Background
Keep your Instagram Stories Highlights covers cohesive with the rest of your business by using your brand colors.
To do this:
- Tap the existing blank background and pick color or, input your brand color code (e.g#00000 for Black, #b58d38 for Gold)
5. Add Your Icon (or add Text) & Resize
- Select an icon by clicking on the ‘+’ on the bottom right corner of the App. Canva will place the icon on your background.
- Click and drag the corner of your icon to resize it.
- Note: If you don’t want to use an icon, you can add text instead by selecting the Text option on the left, choosing your font at the top, and typing out your text.
- Center your icon or text on your background. Canva will show guidelines to alert you when your icon is centered.
Once you’ve created your Instagram Stories Highlights cover, download the image to your phone, or upload to your stories directly from the app by clicking “Share” at the top right corner of the App.
7. Add New Icon & Repeat
- Change your background color or pattern (if you prefer) and add a new icon.
- Repeat this process until you’ve created all of your Instagram Stories Highlights covers.
8. Turn on Stories Archive
Before you can begin setting up your Instagram Stories Highlights, you’ll need to make sure Instagram Stories Archive is on.
To do this:
- Open your Instagram Settings
- Select ‘Story Settings’
- Ensure ‘Save to Archive’ is turned on.
9. Add Your Instagram Stories Highlights Covers to Your Instagram Stories
In order to add covers to your Instagram Stories Highlights, you first have to post them as part of your Instagram Stories. Your new covers must be active in your Instagram Stories for a full 24 hours (you can’t post and delete them!) and then remain in your Instagram Stories Archive.
After you’ve added your cover into your Instagram Stories, select the ‘Highlights’ heart icon on the bottom right.
From here you can either:
- Add your cover to an existing Instagram Stories Highlight, or
- Create a new Instagram Stories Highlight
If you want to add your cover to an existing Instagram Stories Highlight, select the highlight you wish to add it to.
If not, select ‘+’ to add a new Instagram Stories Highlight and name it.
Repeat this process until you have added all of your new Instagram Stories Highlights covers.
How To Edit Your Instagram Stories Highlights Covers:
- Select the Instagram Stories Highlight you want to edit on your profile by holding your finger down on the highlight cover on your profile.
- Select ‘Edit Highlight’.
- Select ‘Edit Cover.’
From here you can pinch and drag your cover to make the icon bigger or smaller. You can also edit the title of your Instagram Stories Highlight by clicking in the ‘Name’ field and typing a new title.
And that’s it!
Once you’ve added all of your Instagram Stories Highlights covers, your Instagram profile will be beautifully-branded and ready to showcase all of your most valuable Instagram Stories content to new visitors.