Maya Penn started her first company when she was 8 years old. She is an artist, animator, designer, philanthropist, environmentalist, and girls rights activist. She thinks deeply about how to be responsible both to her customers and to the planet. She shares her story — and some animations, and some designs, and some infectious energy — in this charming talk on Ted talk.
This video was culled from TEDTalks, a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less).
If Maya Penn can, YOU CAN!
See video below;
I am so motivated by Maya, here are the key notes I took from her as an entrepreneur;
- If you can conceive the idea, you can achieve it. Maya stated – “Ideas can spark a movement”, “Ideas are opportunities and innovation”, “Ideas are truly what makes the world go round”.
- Start now, it’s never too early or too late; the earlier the better. – Maya started at 8 years
- Always give back
- Parents are very important.
- Learn and understand your business. Maya stated – Branding, marketing, staying engaged with customers, seeing what sold the most and least.
- Consistency takes you places. – Forbes magazine contacted Maya.
- Research ReSEARCH RESEARCH
- Meet your customers needs
- Passion is essential
I hope you gained alot watching this video just as I did. Kindly leave a comment below and tell us what you gained.
My name is Bukky Bello and I’m the founder of Bellafricana Digest. You should visit Bellafricana marketplace: www.bellafricana.com
You can follow me on facebook: bellafricana, Twitter: @bellafricana, IG: bell_africana.
Feel free to SHARE THIS!